Between the COVID-19 outbreak, and Mum’s stroke, things have changed. These are a few things I miss under the current circumstances.
- Breakfast out on Sundays. I hope our regular restaurant will be able to recover, but I’m not sanguine about it.
- Going into Boston on the weekends
- Thursdays out with Kris, Paul, John and Rich
- Having the surplus time and energy to do yard work
- Buying plants
- Going to the Apple Store to gawk at the newest stuff
- Kelly’s Roast Beef
- Going grocery shopping at a civilized hour
- Not wearing a mask when I go grocery shopping
- My crocuses. The neighbor mowed the lawn where they’re naturalized last year. (OK, can’t blame this one on COVID 19)
- Feeling free to just disappear for a couple of hours on my days off
- Going for a bike ride along the Charles
- Country Kitchen doughnuts.
- Window shopping
- Going to a bookstore and just browsing
- Dunkin Donuts blueberry muffins. Their coffee is so-so, and their doughnuts are now crap, but their blueberry muffins are fantastic.
- Sleeping through the night.
- Seeing people in person.
- Not worrying
What do you miss?
All you guys. And a lot of the same stuff you said.