Edward O’Hara, Web Developer
- HTML, including HTML 5
- CSS, including CSS3
Exposure to: Python, Java, inDesign
- Co-designed general purpose sequencing system, implementing it to track a candidate’s progress as their language and technical skills are assessed.
- Took initiative to perform Angular upgrades from Angular 8 through Angular 11.
- Built the user interfaces for a web-based service that communicates with a REST based service, using Angular and Typescript.
- Built an e-commerce display engine, replacing several different pieces of code with one highly configurable, reusable module.
- Wrote high performance data imports in MS SQL and ColdFusion to rapidly import large amounts of data.
- Wrote Python-based accessibility tests for HTML pages.
Andela, Remote, 2020 – 2021
Talent Marketplace connecting brilliance with opportunity
Principal Engineer (Front End). Built user interfaces to display and edit engineer profile information – work, education, and project history, and to record an engineer’s technical skills on initial enrollment, using Angular, TypeScript, GraphQL, HTML and CSS.
appScatter, Newton/Boston, MA 2014 – 2020
Distribution Platform for app developers
Bureau of Internet Accessibility, Providence, RI 2011 – 2014
Provides website accessibility scanning for US Section 508 and WCAG-2.
Web Developer, Built and maintained websites, responsible for administrative interfaces for managing tested sites, end user interfaces for displaying test results, Python code for testing web pages. Built company website.
HTML 5, CSS, Ajax, JSON, ColdFusion, Website content
pureCommerce, (formerly bx.com), Providence, RI 2000 – 2011
Web development, e-commerce, content management system.
Content Developer, responsible for creating website prototypes from Photoshop mockups, content placement. Wrote core content management code to enter, save and display content.
HTML, CSS, Ajax, JSON, ColdFusion, Website content, client training, e-commerce, content-management
Other Professional Experience
Photo: Hour , Boston MA, Hanover MA, Cambridge MA, Warwick, RI, Portland, ME
One hour Assistant Manager, Store Manager, District Manager. Responsible for employee hiring, training, scheduling, inventory control, setting and enforcing quality standards, and providing technical support for stores; photofinishing machine maintenance.
- BA, Boston College, Boston, MA, Elementary Education
- Clark University , Web Master Certificate
Web Development Blog Posts
- ColdFusion: When CFLOCATION Doesn’t Work (ColdFusion)
- ColdFusion Struct Assignment Catch (ColdFusion)
- On Being “Programmatically Determined” (Web Accessibility)
- Comments on WordPress Image Pages, Revisited (WordPress)
Photography, bicycling, kayaking, scuba
Email: resume at tedohara dot net
Or fill out this contact form: